Friday, October 16, 2009

My only salvation

What I thought was lost, my masterpiece, apparently has been found... Denenthorn knows of it but he cannot bring it to me. I... lost my head, I dememned it back from him. When he broke his temper upon me I withdrew. I pulled myself back in such a way, too far, too much that I had not seen it ever before.

I reverted back to my past. I could see it so clearly before me I thought Toxia had all been a dream. I remember the first time real memories flooded back to me. It was when Rivers took my own hand and rubbed it on my nose. A childish trick he would pull on me when my hands were dirty from so much drawing, so much lead had smeared on my finger tips.

This was different. I saw myself in the hospital, trying deperately to represent Yig of the sleeping Elder Gods. Nothing was right though. The hospital could never provide me with what I needed. I paniced and I know I was speaking, though what I said has faded like a dream. Those moments felt like years, years I had purposefully forgotten when I chose to learn in my time of limbo rather than reflect.

When I found myself once more there was nothing but light that filled the darkness of my mind. When I could finally see past the light, Denenthorn was there before me, keeping me safe, just as he had promised.

The city has its darkness, its evil lurking, but that is not so freightening as losing oneself inside themselves. Nothing can compare for my fears as that of my own mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment