Friday, July 24, 2009

Dreaming

The other night I had a most unsettling dream.

I was present in the library, yelling... something I rarely do, but yelling incoherently at a group of people. They are my friends, peers, librarians. We were in a circle, I in its center, all pledging our lives to help one another. There was a bang on the door and we all fell silent. All of us feared what we knew was coming however we all were prepared for it.

Another bang and a darkness filled the room. I felt wicked eyes upon me, searching the very depths of my mind and of my body. The darkness filled me, I could feel it like a rush of fire within my veins. I could feel the entity struggling, to keep itself at the front. On the outside I saw myself, my eyes going black and a voice that is not my own speak. It shook in a struggle, "You will not have this woman, she is mine." it was hollow but still spoke the words as clear as day.

My body was shaking then, I had gone back, left only to watch through my eyes as my entity struggles within me. A final shake and all I could see was red... though the outside had given me yellow eyes.

I awoke at that moment, much like I had upon my arrival to Toxian. There was a new weight on my back, heavier, more solid. I turned and flexed my shoulders. I saw strength in my wings and sighed softly.

My mind has new thoughts with which to consume my time with now.

No comments:

Post a Comment