Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Preparation

There is a darkness coming that threatens all of us dear journal. I fear that it might be the end of those that I call friend and those even that I would call enemy. It is a darkness from a past that is not my own, never have I felt such fear for something I know nothing about.

Its name I dare not utter lightly, nor write down here. He is that which we all fear, that lurking inside our closets and under our beds. He is cruel and devious but most of all powerful.

We have a plan in the workings and I have offered one of my prized processions. One of a few things of my own personal property I managed to find when I returned to the city. My beloved pocket watch. It is all I have in remembrance of a past life, something that told me I was truly once alive and did not dream of my memories.

It is worn. Made of gold, steel and springs. It was originally created by Patek-Philippe in the 1850s, the crown-wind, crown-set movement did away with the watch-key which was a necessity for the operation of any pocket watch up to that point. The first crown-wind and crown-set pocket watches were sold during the Great Exhibition in London in 1851 and the first owners of these new kinds of watches were Queen Victoria and Prince Albert. Crown-wind, crown-set movements are the most common type of watch-movement found in both vintage and modern pocket watches.

Most of all it is mine. I will give it up to serve its purpose for it is only an object. However, if the plan goes as it should I will be sacrificing something much greater than something that would tick of an eternity if given the chance.

One of the first things I told Denny is that I would take a bullet for a book.

For my friends, I would take much more than a bullet.

No comments:

Post a Comment