Thursday, August 6, 2009

Memories

I do not have many memories from the time of my living to the time of my death. I spent my afterlife in a kind of limbo where I speant my time learning the things I did not get to in life. Some mysteries, some supernatural, but mostly Earth bound knowledge. I did not take into account that the ratio of which I learned would diminish my mortal memories.

Slowly though I amremembering my life as it was. I recall my death as I have mentioned enough before and have been asked of more often than I should be. During the Righteous ball I felt more at peace and in my element than I had in a long while. But most recently something occured that has turned my head around in so many angles I am not sure in which direction I should continue.

I have a brother. Miraculously he has come to Toxian City, and some how was driven to become a librarian. He found me on the supply storage center, drawing. I am not sure what drove him to do it but he saw my smudged hands and clasped them in his own. I was too shocked that he would touch me to see that he was bringing my fingers to my face. Very gently he took my graphite covered fingers and pressed them to my nose.

It was at that moment that I remembered. I was very young, always drawing, hardly paying attention to the world. Rivers would bring me back to home with his play. Mother would be upset that I would proceed to clean my nose, then my hands over my dresses.

Rivers is my brother. I have a connection here to my previous life and I am so intrigued, yet so scared, I am not sure if I wish to find out more or to shut it all away.

Out of all the things I could be afraid of in this city, I am most afraid of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment